Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Here Are Your Bonus Picks

"Seasons don't fear the reaper,
  Nor do the sun or the wind or the rain"
                       --Blue Oyster Cult

Happy Election and/or Voice Day to you all!

Bonus picks are in for everyone and they are as follows:

Carson's Way (Erin):  Brendan Fletcher, We' McDonald, Kylie Rothfield.  Bold to take two off her own team but can't quibble with first place.  I like Kylie as a sleeper.

Tina Turner on the cover of Black Stars magazine, 1979 (Gina T):  Billy Gilman, Brendan Fletcher, Ali Caldwell.  Boldest choice:  The only team not to pick one We' McDonald.  EDGY.

Brother Pat's Traveling Salvation Show (Pat):  Aaron Gibson, Josh Halverson, We' McDonald.  Two sleepers because I think I'll need them down the road.  Watch out for Aaron, folks (now watch him flame out this week sigh).

Hummingbird Lightfoot and Braiden Fucking Sunshine (Jim):  We' McDonald, Sundance Head, Sa'Rayah.  The only team to choose Sa'Rayah.  Nice alternate if We' gets upset.

Hey! Gina M Has A Team! (Gina M):  We' McDonald, Josh Halverson, Sundance Head.  Guess who didn't give me a team name.....

Talisman Winship (Ed):  Austin Allsup, Josh Gallagher, We' McDonald.  Making a strong play for the male country artists.  Needs a strong play to avoid the "Nice Try" trophy.  I like the choices.

I Wanna Win Like Jim (Deb):  Billy Gilman, We' McDonald, Sundance Head.  Sundance got more picks than I expected.  I'm sure y'all are smarter than me on this one.

WW Like A Wrecking Ball (Tim):  Billy Gilman, We' McDonald, Ali Caldwell.  I find nothing to comment on here, again, solid picks.

Good luck to you all and we'll be speaking later this week!
Brother Pat

8 comments:

  1. Interesting as always! Good luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let the record show that I only picked one from my own team! (Brendan!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose this is as good a time as any to make a confession. I’m sure some of you may have figured this out already, but I have not heard any of these people’s voices. I was curious if it really mattered, so I picked my team based on their head shots on NBC.com. Then for my top 3 picks, Carol and I each chose one person from each coach, put their names in an actual hat and then drew 3. I did better than I thought I might, and worse than I had hoped.

    I apologize to everyone I am ahead of. It was all an accident.

    I apologize to everyone I am behind. You deserved a better competitor than me.

    This election has drained me. It is over now. While I am upset by the outcome, I hope to be more present for my friends and opponents in the future.

    I’m trying to decide if I ever need to hear any of these people sing, ever. Please let me know and again, I apologize. I’ll be better, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are forgiven! You really should check out We'.
      She even might slightly restore your faith that there are still a few bright spots in the world!

      Delete
    2. I didn't pick We' so as to maximize my chances, but #We'alltheWay

      Delete
    3. Any particular performance? Or are they all equally stellar?

      Were any of my people good? I know they are all gone now, but past seasons tell me that just because you were kicked out does not mean you were bad.

      Delete
    4. I liked Simone Gundy. That was about it.

      Delete