Thursday, April 2, 2015

T.K.O. And BONUS PICK time!

“We don’t notice any time pass
We don’t notice anything”
                --The White Stripes

Deb’s alternate quote:
“Same as it ever was”
                --Talking Heads

As you might surmise from the above, there really wasn’t all that much to talk about from the end of the knockouts – the matchups themselves were pretty easy choices, though after all the trash talking I’ve done regarding montages at least NBC decided to show us those battles which I appreciate.  Clearly they're still firmly against any possible suspense by letting us know exactly when steals are coming but hey, small steps.

With regards to the TSAVFL the end of the knockouts mean two big things – GET ME YOUR BONUS PICKS BEFORE MONDAY’S SHOW!  As you by no doubt know by now, you send me your three picks for the finals, for each one you get correct you get an additional 4 bonus points.  This is going to be more beneficial to some than others as we look to be splitting fairly evenly into teams that are haves and teams that are have nots – I count myself in that latter description and have more than once looked forlornly at the TSAVFL trophy that unless something crazy happens will be moving on after this season.  But still, as we saw last year it is way harder to pick those three finalists than it seems like it would be, and 12 possible points are still 12 points.

The other thing was the 2 bonus points per singer that has made it through the battles to the live shows, which certainly helped delineate the have/have not line:  the teams above the line all had either three or four singers moving on, while those of us below are down to just one or two.

Like I said, there wasn’t much to talk about but some random lines from my notebook:
--India Carney against GOODBYE JOE TOLO
--Lexi Davila kind of came out of nowhere didn’t she?
-- Barry and The Ladies has become The Ladies.
--I had no idea there was a song called Tim McGraw.  Or that TAY TAY wrote it!
--Deb:  I love you Pharrell.

As ever, I love each and every one of you.  I was going to start rankings this week but don’t want you jumping on my picks so that will start next time.  Let’s get to the live rounds!!!


9 comments:

  1. I'm really not biased... Barry won that battle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Ed, completely! Barry always made me smile.

      Delete
  2. Do you guys watch The League? They have a trophy for last place, too, which is pretty ugly. As my chances to win sped away from me during the knockouts (which I lamented to Steve, saying, "I should have just bought two trophys and kept one"), Steve suggested we make a trophy for last place, too. We could call it the Rae Lynne (or whoever we agree has been the worst contestant so far). What say you guys?

    Why did xtina have to slaughter Treeva? As soon as I saw who she was up against I knew I was donesville. Waaaa waaaa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you guys watch The League? They have a trophy for last place, too, which is pretty ugly. As my chances to win sped away from me during the knockouts (which I lamented to Steve, saying, "I should have just bought two trophys and kept one"), Steve suggested we make a trophy for last place, too. We could call it the Rae Lynne (or whoever we agree has been the worst contestant so far). What say you guys?

    Why did xtina have to slaughter Treeva? As soon as I saw who she was up against I knew I was donesville. Waaaa waaaa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah... the Sacko might not be the appropriate image that we would be going for... now that you mention it though, I am curious to see if Pat will mount his trophy to the top of his car before the end of this season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meaning to watch The League given that I did fantasy football for like 20 years. With India on your team though I'd be shocked if you were able to lock up last place!

    I love the idea of figuring out who has been the worst contestant so far to make the live rounds.

    Ed, I get what you are saying about Barry but c'mon, he got as far as he was going to get and bald women rock, especially if they are on my team.

    BTW the trophy sits just to the right of my monitor so I can gaze on it. At least for a few more weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, until this venture of ours, the first or second season of THE LEAGUE was all I knew of fantasy leagues. Ours is better because it’s real.

    I will get my choices for top 3 in soon. Is it bad form to not include any one from my team in my choices? Or is that just good judgement?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trophy for last place!!!! Trophy for last place!!!

    I've been thinking of Pat and Jim as the Adam and Blake of our Fantasy League. Just passing the wins back and forth! But WHO WILL BE OUR USHER!!!!???

    ReplyDelete